a what if idea - DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB!
DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB!  

Go Back   DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - FORUM AND OWNERS CLUB! > DODGE DAKOTA FORUM - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Dakota Mods - Dodge Dakota Performance > Exterior Body

Notices

Exterior Body Body kits, hoods, bumpers, flares, roll pans, spoilers, tonneau covers, etc.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Dodge Dakota Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 dakota quad cab
Trim Level: slt
Engine: 1997-1999 - 5.2 L (318 cu in) Magnum V8, 225 hp (168 kW)
Rep:10
dakotawolfen is on a distinguished road
Default a what if idea

so as im rebuilding my 01 quad cab and doing engine swap a idea came to mind what if dakotas were offered with different option packages like they do now on fullsized trucks

i was thinking a hunting theme coyote tan with black accents truck with some offroad lights and such custom interior but im stumped on what to add to make it look good and factory maybe a truck cap with storage or keep my tool box.

other option was black body tan accents but im not sure.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:04 PM
Dodge Dakota Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 99 Dodge Dakota
Trim Level: None
Color: Black
Engine: 1997-1999 - 5.2 L (318 cu in) Magnum V8, 225 hp (168 kW)
Rep:20
RXT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotawolfen View Post
so as I'm rebuilding my 01 quad cab and doing engine swap a idea came to mind what if dakotas were offered with different option packages like they do now on full-sized trucks
Not sure if this was a question or an opinion, but I'll give you my $.02 worth. The Dakota was offered with a few different options packages, but what ended up killing the line was the price. By the last few years, the Dakota had ballooned up in price, that for the same price, you could buy a Ram instead. And thats what many customers did. The Ram offered more engine choices, had more room inside and out, and got about the same fuel economy as the Dakota. I think Dodge dropped the ball with the Dakota. A 5.7 Hemi would have carried on the sport truck image, but they also needed a powerful but efficient 4 cylinder. (a turbo 4 would had been ideal and maybe in a diesel) But instead, the Dakota ended up competing against the Ram and didn't offer as much.

Quote:
i was thinking a hunting theme coyote tan with black accents truck with some off road lights and such custom interior but I'm stumped on what to add to make it look good and factory maybe a truck cap with storage or keep my tool box.

other option was black body tan accents but im not sure.
Most anything you add should look good. It all comes down to personal choice

Ed