Dakota Forumz banner

My 98 project

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Elfjunior8503 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a 1998 Dakota sport as a project truck. This truck had been sitting in a garage since 2009. When it ran out of gas, it wasn't started anymore. I plan on changing the oil, adding gas (and maybe a little sea foam) and trying to start it up. The interior cleaned up really well, excluding the headliner. The paint is SHOT!!! (Only the top tho). I think I'm going to flat black the top kinda like an old school Challenger or something. This is going to be a budget build! I'll keep u updated. Any ideas for a budget build are appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Update:
I changed the oil, added 2.5 gallons of gas and a battery. Truck started right up and runs like a sewing machine! No idiot lights and everything appears to be working fine. I body worked the hood and got it in primer. I acquired a set of tires for free from a salvage company that owed me a favor. New(er) tires are on now. I need to buy a new battery and finish body work on the roof and tops of the doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.